Current City of Hogansville Job Opportunities…
Certified Police Officer - Night Shift
The Hogansville Police Department has two immediate openings for Night Shift Police Patrol Officers:
We are looking for dynamic police officers to be responsible for the enforcement of federal, state, and local
laws and the protection of life and property. Responsibilities include
patrolling assigned zones, responding to calls, serving criminal court papers,
providing first aid and CPR, provide traffic control, testify in judicial
proceedings, complete all required reports and forms and perform other related
duties as assigned.
To be successful as a police officer you should be able to perform a
broad range of responsibilities and establish a relationship of trust among the
members of your department and community.
- Enforcing laws
- Ensuring the safety and security of the public
by responding to emergencies, providing assistance to victims, and reducing or
preventing involvement in crime
- Building relationships with the community
while helping to contribute to the health and safety of vulnerable
populations through community policing.
- Creating community awareness by using crime
prevention methods or intervention initiatives
- Conducting investigations by interviewing
suspects, witnesses, and collecting evidence at crime scenes
- Participating in and testifying at court
hearings when required
- Processing incident reports with accurate
detail and factual information.
- Working special details as needed.
- (Note: The listed duties are illustrative only and are not intended to describe each and every function which may be performed in the job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position)
Knowledge Required FOR THIS Position:
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, criminal and traffic codes, search and seizure laws, judicial procedures, city ordinances, and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of criminal and traffic investigation techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of the geography and streets of the city.
- Skill in CPR techniques, operating police vehicles, firearms, computers, and emergency equipment.\Officers must be capable of working night shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be a P.O.S.T. certified peace officer in the State of
Georgia, and in good standing.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles
relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the
completion a Georgia P.O.S.T. approved police academy or having a similar
position for one to two years.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills associated with a high school education.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $39,520.00 per year for entry level patrol
- Take home patrol vehicle
- Health insurance
- Dental/ eye insurance
- Life Insurance
- POAB dues paid by city
- GMA vested upon 10 years of service
- 12-hour shifts
- Specialized Training opportunities provided
after completion of probation period.
- Minimum, high school diploma or equivalent
- P.O.S.T. Peace Officer Certification, in good standing
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: A rigid and thorough personal, work experience, and qualification background investigation is required, which includes: medical exam, drug screening test, psychological tests (written and clinical), polygraph examination, verification of all credentials and qualifications (personal references, previous employment, POST status, education, training, etc.), and interviews.
TO APPLY: You can pick up an application at the Hogansville Police Department, 117 Lincoln Street, Hogansville GA 30230, or Click Here for Application for Employment.
The City of Hogansville has an immediate opening for a Tractor/Equipment Operator in the Public Works Department. This is semi-skilled work of a routine nature in the operation of light and medium-sized equipment, performing manual work functions associated with construction, maintenance and repair of city streets/roads, drainage systems, right-of-way areas, parking lots, parks, recreation facilities, grounds areas, or other areas of assignment. Emphasis on the operation of trucks, tractors, bush hogs and other equipment where driving and maneuvering the vehicle constitutes most of the work required to complete tasks; incumbents may occasionally operate equipment at higher levels, but not as their primary work function.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (The following standards express the minimum background of training and experience DESIRABLE as evidence of an applicant's ability to qualify for this job title. Other training or experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may qualify an applicant for a job of this title.)
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months previous experience and/or training that includes construction work or equipment operation, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
- Possession of a valid Restricted Commercial Class B Driver's License as issued by the State of Georgia is preferred but is not required.
- Must have good driving history.
The City of Hogansville offers a generous benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, voluntary life insurance
- Employer paid group life insurance
- Excellent training opportunities
- 40 hours of vacation after first year
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
To view a full detail of the job description, please CLICK HERE.
Applicants may apply at Hogansville City Hall, 111 High Street, Hogansville, GA. or click below for an online application.
Online Employment Application: Click Here to Apply
Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 19 or until filled.
Water Maintenance Worker 1
The City of Hogansville has an immediate opening for Water Maintenance Worker 1. This position is responsible for the maintenance of the city's water system, including water mains, service lines, and meters. This is an entry-level position. Experience in water repairs is a plus. Applicants may apply at Hogansville City Hall, 111 High Street, Hogansville, GA. or click below for an online application.
Online Employment Application: Click Here to Apply
Note: Job descriptions are available for these positions and may be obtained by request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications accepted until filled.