Current City of Hogansville Job Opportunities…
Maintenance Worker 1 - Public Works
Starting Pay: $16.00 per hour
Under the supervision of the Public Works Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker 1 is an entry-level, manual labor position in the performance, operation, and maintenance of the City’s streets. This includes litter pickup, weed eating, and grass cutting along rights-of-way, and other assignments as directed. Some assignments may include the use of hand tools, power tools and the operation of small equipment. Supervision over other employees is not exercised.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:* Maintain and perform general maintenance to City property, street right-of-way, medians and parking lots that includes string-trimming, mowing, and general landscaping.* Litter and trash pickup; and* Perform other related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:* Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods and under unfavorable weather conditions.* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.* Ability to complete required training and receive proper certifications for the position held. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (The following standards express the minimum background of training and experience DESIRABLE as evidence of an applicant’s ability to qualify for this job title. Other training or experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may qualify an applicant for a job of this title.) * Must be 18 years old and possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.* Understand and follow oral and written instructions* Possession of a valid Georgia Driver’s License.* Must be physically able to perform duties in this job classification.
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
Benefits:Dental insuranceEmployee assistance programHealth insuranceLife insurancePaid time offRetirement planVision insurance
Driver's License (Required)
For full job description, please CLICK HERE.
To apply online, CLICK HERE.
The Hogansville Police Department has an immediate opening for:
Certified Police Officer - Night Shift
The Hogansville Police Department has an immediate opening for Night Shift Police Patrol Officers:
We are looking for a dynamic police officer to be responsible for the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws and the protection of life and property. Responsibilities include patrolling assigned zones, responding to calls, serving criminal court papers, providing first aid and CPR, provide traffic control, testify in judicial proceedings, complete all required reports and forms and perform other related duties as assigned.
To be successful as a police officer you should be able to perform a broad range of responsibilities and establish a relationship of trust among the members of your department and community.
- Enforcing laws
- Ensuring the safety and security of the public by responding to emergencies, providing assistance to victims, and reducing or preventing involvement in crime
- Building relationships with the community while helping to contribute to the health and safety of vulnerable populations through community policing.
- Creating community awareness by using crime prevention methods or intervention initiatives
- Conducting investigations by interviewing suspects, witnesses, and collecting evidence at crime scenes
- Participating in and testifying at court hearings when required
- Processing incident reports with accurate detail and factual information.
- Working special details as needed.
- (Note: The listed duties are illustrative only and are not intended to describe each and every function which may be performed in the job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position)
Knowledge Required FOR THIS Position:
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, criminal and traffic codes, search and seizure laws, judicial procedures, city ordinances, and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of criminal and traffic investigation techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of the geography and streets of the city.
- Skill in CPR techniques, operating police vehicles, firearms, computers, and emergency equipment.\Officers must be capable of working night shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be a P.O.S.T. certified peace officer in the State of Georgia, and in good standing.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion a Georgia P.O.S.T. approved police academy or having a similar position for one to two years.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills associated with a high school education.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,491.20 per year for entry level patrol officer
- Take home patrol vehicle
- Health insurance
- Dental/ eye insurance
- Life Insurance
- POAB dues paid by city
- GMA vested upon 10 years of service
- 12-hour shifts
- Specialized Training opportunities provided after completion of probation period.
- Minimum, high school diploma or equivalent
- P.O.S.T. Peace Officer Certification, in good standing
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: A rigid and thorough personal, work experience, and qualification background investigation is required, which includes: medical exam, drug screening test, psychological tests (written and clinical), polygraph examination, verification of all credentials and qualifications (personal references, previous employment, POST status, education, training, etc.), and interviews.TO APPLY:
Employment applications may be obtained at the Hogansville Police Department, 117 Lincoln Street, Hogansville GA 30230, or
Click HERE to apply online.
posted: 4/13/2023 | applications accepted until filled.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT FOR ANY POSITION CAN BE OBTAINED BY CLICKING HERE.